Circadian® Lights for 24/7 Work
Medical science breakthrough has created an intelligent light technology that removes the harmful effects of bio-active blue light at night.
Five key discoveries that have revolutionized the medical science of lighting
Discovery 1: 1980 The human circadian clock
Dr. Martin Moore-Ede, CEO of CIRCADIAN ZircLight, led the team at Harvard Medical School that in 1980 identified the circadian clock (suprachiasmatic nucleus or SCN) in the human brain that controls our daily circadian (approximately 24-hour) rhythms of sleep and wake, body temperature and hormones. Light falls on non-visual photoreceptors in the eye and synchronizes the SCN via special visual pathways that were first traced out in rodents.
These discoveries opened up our understanding on how critical circadian rhythms were to maintaining good health and preventing sleep disruption and fatigue.
The Darker Side of Light
The scientific evidence for the health risks from blue light at night. Click on links below to download publications:
- What's in a Color? The Unique Human Health Effects of Blue Light
- American Medical Association 2012 Report on Adverse Health Effects of Light at Night.
- American Medical Association 2016 Health Effects of LED Street Lighting
- Danish Cancer Society 2001 Increased Breast Cancer Risk in Women Working at Night
- IARC World Health Organization 2007 - Light at Night Probable Carcinogen
- National Institutes of Health 2014 Report on Carcinogens Shiftwork at Night
- National Institutes of Health 2016 Workshop on Light at Night Health Effects
- Royal Society 2015 Electric light at night disrupts human circadian rhythmicity
- Scientific Comments on AMA Policy 2013 Adverse health effects of nightime lighting
- Tulane University 2015 Melatonin Inhibitor of breast cancer
- University of Haifa 2008 Light At Night Codistributes with Breast Cancer in Israel
No dimming or low CCT yellowing of light. Our dynamic LED lighting system provides high quality white light 24/7 – all while regulating bio-active blue light exposure – to promote alertness and vigilance.
Our intelligent LED lights provide both your day and nighttime workers with an energy boost for maximal productivity and mood, while at the same time reducing overall fatigue and errors.
As day progresses into night, Circadian ZircLight greatly reduces your exposure to the harmful bio-active light that has been shown to increase obesity, diabetes, heart attacks, and cancers.